Monday, September 26, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things.

2days..22 working hours.. 2 smashed fingers.. 1 mangled shin.. 4 bruised kneecaps..

The price we've payed for a new laminate floor..

Chris and I spent the whole of saturay and sunday installing a new laminate floor into my home.. Gone are the days of smelly bug-infested carpets.. Well.. except for in the bedrooms.. eww..

Although a lot of hard work, it was kind of nice to spend a few days catching up with Chris and doin some real work at the same time.. I hadn't talked to chris for about 4 or 5 years so there was alot to catch up on. Did u catch that? Havent seen the guy for 4 or 5 years! And he spends 2 days laminating my floor!! What a guy.. what a guy. Funny.. didn't really have a lot of visitors over.. perhaps they knew they would have to help? mwaha.


Soooo the house is feeling quite new.. warm and inviting, clean and a little 'higher class' than 70's brown carpet and wallboard panelling that has plauged me for the last year and a half. Unique, almost oriental looking lamps create a calm mood, working with the hypnotizing whirr of the fishtank and a small collection of instruments, bringing a relaxing atmosphere to our home.
Although it wont be long before I'm forced to clean up the mess i've made.. a good 5-6 foot high pile of garbage.. covering half my deck. Refuse from a the long weekend is now is a constant reminder of the enormous amount of construction that took place..

Ok so maybe thats taking it a little far.. but I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a little pickup.. so I can do these small jobs without depending on other peoples vehicular mobiles and whatnot..
I guess all thats left is to finish painting the wall in the living room.. the long. menacing wall.. the one I freaking mudded 3 times and still looks like crap.. and hammering in that trim all the way around the house! Well.. painting.. a few times.. then putting it up!
Yup thats it.. then I'll be done..

Except for the kitchen.. and the bathroom.. and.. well the 3 rooms could use a little tlc... you know i still havent done much to the yard and the siding is starting to chip..

I think I'll be busy for a while..

P.

2 comments:

K-Prime said...

Lots of work, but you know you love it. I'm sure it looks great, and I can't wait to see it, in the next...few...weeks...sorry for missing oc nite :(

Zanitram said...

lol..Forgiven.
Just this once..